Andropause. Age related sexual and functional declining – a syndrome associated with the decrease of testosterone. Even in healthy men by the age of 55 the amount of testosterone secreted into the bloodstream is significantly lower than it was just ten years before. In fact by the age of 80 male hormone levels may decrease to pre-puberty levels. Typical symptoms of the Andropause are:
- Premature aging.
- Fatigue, loss of a sense of well being. Loss of eagerness and enthusiasm.
- Decreased mental acuity. Decreased energy and strength.
- Joint aches and stiffness of hands. Inability to maintain muscle.
- Hot flashes, sleep disturbances. Depression, irritability and anger.
- Decreased erectile function. Reduced libido. Reduced potency.
- Decreased sensitivity to stimulation. Decreased strength of orgasm.
- Changes in hair growth and skin quality. Increased body fat especially abdominal.
- Increased risk of heart disease and myocardial infarction.
- Increased risk of arteriosclerosis.
The good news – the problem may be diagnosed through laboratory tests and treated with the replacement of testosterone. Even though it was not studied over a period of 40 years like estrogen, intensive study has and is occurring. The results reflect that the benefits of the testosterone replacement far outweigh the risks
In Health Smart Medical Center we created The Smart Andropause Program:
- It starts from the comprehensive hormonal evaluation as well as Prostate Gland assessment.
- DXA Osteoporosis Test is performed when indicated. Osteoporosis affects 28 million Americans – 20% of whom are male One in eight men over the age of 59 will have an osteoporosis-related fracture in his lifetime.
- Other clinical assessment tests are performed when indicated.
- If clinically indicated, Patient is started on the Testosterone Replacement and Restoration Protocol.
- Other Hormones Replacement and Restoration for Anti-Aging Effect are considered.
- Patient is clinically and laboratory assessed on regular basis to monitor response and adjust the supplemental compound dosage.
Prostrate Gland Enlargement-Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) – benign, noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland affects 50% to 60% of men between the ages of 40 and 60. The number jumps to 90% in men over 80. As prostate becomes enlarged, it compresses the nearby urethra (the duct which carries urine from the bladder to the penis for elimination) causing a variety of symptoms: decreased urine flow, difficulty urinating, decreased libido, the sensation of always having to urinate, urinary infections and others. Frequently, BPH may be accompanied by inflammation, so called prostatitis.
At Health Smart Medical Center we believe that proper preventive measures may significantly decrease someone’s chances to develop this condition. We also believe that a smart integrative approach helps to improve prostate health in someone who already has developed this problem.
So, we created The Smart Prostate Health Program:
- We start from the comprehensive History and Physical Exam including Digital Rectal Exam
- If clinically indicated, we obtain PSA and Free PSA testing. It helps to distinguish BPH from the Early Prostate Cancer
- If clinically indicated, we offer Prostate Ultrasound. It helps to determine the size, structure and texture of the Prostate Gland as well as to detect nodules
- Along with Prostate Ultrasound, we perform Urinary Bladder Ultrasound before and after urination. It demonstrates how well bladder empties. In other words, it reveals if any obstruction is present. The important study helps to determine the degree of the problem caused by enlarged Prostate, not just a size of Prostate
- These tests may help to avoid unnecessary Biopsy
As the next step, we develop the Individualized Program for the Patient. It may consist of:
- Combination of vitamins, nutrients, herbs and other natural methods.
- Combinations of all above and pharmaceutical treatment.
- In case these measures are not effective, we consider referring thePatient to an experienced urologist for a safe, minimally invasive, outpatient procedure. After the procedure, we recommend a certain combination of supplements to prevent reoccurrence of this condition.
The Smart Prostate Health Program will aid your Prostate Gland to stay healthy for a long, long time.